This Page

has been moved to a new address

Happy Diwali/Festival of Lights!

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Happy Diwali/Festival of Lights!

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Diwali/Festival of Lights!

Happy Diwali to my friends that celebrate this holiday!  This Hindu festival of lights is marked by the lighting of small clay lamps filled with oil to celebrate the triumph of good over evil.  It is a communal time of family and sharing of good food and fun.

My colleague and I happen to be in Mumbai at this time and aren't sure what to do.  We hope to stumble on some Diwali lights and observe some wonderful things in the city (hopefully places will be open!)  Suggestions are welcome of course.

While I don't celebrate Diwali, I can appreciate a time for family and fun. It will be good to get back home this weekend!

 1

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home