This Page

has been moved to a new address

DIY/Savvy Tips: Save your clothing! How to refresh pilly, cotton clothing

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: DIY/Savvy Tips: Save your clothing! How to refresh pilly, cotton clothing

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

DIY/Savvy Tips: Save your clothing! How to refresh pilly, cotton clothing

I was in grad school when I first started obsessing over this Hayden Harnett dress.  I loved the color and the slightly 80s vibe of this dress.  I of course snatched it up when it went on sale and even wore it to my bridal shower.
It has been a few years now and unfortunately, the dress looks a bit worn because of the pilling. I was hesitant about getting rid of this dress, but have now discovered a way to make it a bit newer and it only takes one ingredient you may already have in your household - a razor!  Be careful when you use the razor and pull the cloth taut.  But if you use it correctly, the initial pilling will disappear and your clothing will be refreshed!

Here are the brief instructions for refreshing your cotton clothing:
1. Gather your razor and pilly apparel (look at all the small pills before!)

2. Pull clothing taut and glide razor over surface one section at a time.

3. A lot of pilled cotton will come off so be sure to clean your razor and clothing often (be patient and careful!)

4. Your clothing is pill free and almost as good as new!

Labels: ,

32 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home