This Page

has been moved to a new address

Photo Love: European Summer Vacation via Neiman Marcus Resort 2012

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Photo Love: European Summer Vacation via Neiman Marcus Resort 2012

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Photo Love: European Summer Vacation via Neiman Marcus Resort 2012

The longer days of summer are meant for exploring!
Neiman Marcus Resort 2012

As summer keeps on going in full steam and colleagues talk about their summer vacation plans, I keep on thinking about summers in (Western) Europe.  I lived in a lovely little country house in France during part of the summer during school and it was worlds apart from my NYC upbringing.
The long days in France (the sun set well after 9 pm) allowed my friends and I ample time to explore the lush, green forests, drive through the country with the windows rolled down, or have an impromptu cookout in out cobble stoned courtyard.  When we weren't in the country, we ventured out to soak in the vibe of the city.  A perfect summer day in Paris included wandering from one district to another with warm baguettes in hand, listening to outdoor music by the Seine, and watching chic and silly passers-by from a cafe.  Those long days really enabled me to see and do so much more during the summer.  I had really wanted to go to Europe this summer, but have a pretty intense stretch coming at work.  Alas, I'll have to live vicariously through pictures like the ones above to satisfy my cravings for European wanderings.  Perhaps next year then?

Where are you planning to go this summer (or where would you like to go)?

Have a lovely week!

18 Comments:

  • At July 16, 2012 at 8:36 AM , Blogger MOSAMUSE said...

    wow u just gave me the same craving! i've actaully never been to France... but this oes remind me of my time in Italy. love it!
    enjoy the start to ur week love!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Kim said...

    I love the shoes in the first photo! I love Europe and may have the opportunity to spend a short amount of time in the Netherlands this winter on our way back from India. I toured Western Europe for a month after I took the bar exam during the summer of 2006 and that was one of my favorite trips. This summer, I'll be lucky to get away for a few days here and there, but we have trips to Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe planned over the next couple of months.

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

    wow, a summer in europe. that sounds amazing. i would love it if the days were that long here!

    and those looks are gorgeous, though i'm not sure how much exploring i'd accomplish in those heels...
    Chic on the Cheap

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Ann said...

    No wonder the French look so fabulous,
    they have more time to enjoy the little things. Love your story.
    Nice images too.

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Test said...

    No more summer traveling for me so far... It's just too hot out there... Ha!!!

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Sam said...

    Love the concept of this campaign. The clothes seem to have been designed to fit in with the beautiful European aesthetic as well. Sounds like you had the most incredible time there!

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Bonnie said...

    Love the dresses. I wish I could look this fabulous! (I guess I need a team of professional stylists, though.)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 3:43 PM , Blogger k said...

    sounds like the ideal summer :)

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Bravoe Runway said...

    I am super jealous u got to live in a chateau for summer! That is amazing and the red paillettes skirt is stunning!

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Blond Duck said...

    So pretty! I love those shoes!

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM , Blogger FASHION TALES said...

    Wow, that sound like an amazing experience. France is such a lovely place, well Europe in general. We'll be planning to visit more fam there later this year. I love the photos, just gorgeous! I want the entire second outfit! -xx

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

    these photos are stunning! die for that big red paillette skirt!! amazing!

    yesss you should def check out the duty free makeup! i rarely buy makeup from department stores or sephora now.. because i find that duty free has much much better deals!

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Rowena @ rolala loves said...

    Your summer in France sounds amazing! I'd love a warm weather getaway looking as glam as this model.

    Thanks for all your support sweetie! Have a lovely week!
    Rowena @ rolala loves

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

    You have lived quite the life! I didn't know that you had lived in a country house in France. Sounds absolutely dreamy! And what a dreamy shoot this is. First time I'm seeing it. Thanks for sharing, sweetie! xoxo

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Johanna said...

    These pics remind me Buenos Aires. Ho hum!

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM , Blogger navy and orange said...

    gorg gorg gorg!

    xoxo navy & orange

     
  • At July 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM , Blogger JanandJill.com said...

    I would love to visit Europe in the summer too and these photos are so gorgeous. Hopefully you'll get a vacation soon from work to really go there

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

     
  • At July 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Jan said...

    Great shoot!
    I just came back from Spain and Tuesday I'm off to the USA!

    ♥

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home