This Page

has been moved to a new address

Shopping Finds/In my Closet: Crossing over to the Orange (Hermès) side

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Shopping Finds/In my Closet: Crossing over to the Orange (Hermès) side

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shopping Finds/In my Closet: Crossing over to the Orange (Hermès) side

It's official.  I crossed over to the dark side.  Dark orange, very French, and very chic.


Yep, a few Hermès scarves now reside in my closet.

I told my husband I wanted to get my mom a Hermès scarf for Mother's Day.  She has some of the most beautiful scarves and it has always been a staple wardrobe piece for her.  But I wanted to get her the ultimate scarf: an Hermès scarf.   In the process of oohing and ahhing over scarves for her, I accumulated a few for myself.

Hermès scarves are known for their craftsmanship.  Raw silk is converted directly into silk yarn and spun into fabric twice as strong as other silk scarves (at its inception in 1937).  New designs are individually screen printed and up to 40 colors can be selected from a range of 200,000 colors.  The vibrant colors and vivid designs of these scarves can be pretty amazing.

I also love versatile pieces and when I saw that I could wear an Hermès scarf as a headscarf, top, or belt (instructions here), I was sold.  Savvy also recently posted DIY scarf as a hat instructions and the Glamourai also posted a scarf dress here.
I also view these as pieces of artwork and am looking into getting a few framed some day (ahh and Apartment Therapy thinks it's a good idea too!)

They retail for $375 and up (for the 90 cm/35" square size), but of course I never paid that.  I got a few through the Market place at Purse Forum (you have to apply to be a member) and a few on eBay.  I always looked for 100% seller feedback, hand-rolled hems, good condition, and the presence of the care tag (though "Quai Aux Fleures" doesn't come with a tag, I loved it too much to care).

This is the scarf I eventually ended up getting my mom: a mousseline (semi-sheer)

Here are my scarves "Quai aux les fleures" and "Au Coeur de la vie" (yes the same as the one I got my mom but in a different colorway!).  I affectionately refer to them as white lady-like scarf with carriage and tropical Jimmy Buffet. ♡

So do you have some lovely scarves of your own?  How would you wear/use them?







Labels: , , , ,

32 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home