This Page

has been moved to a new address

Photo Love (Inspiration}: Being true to yourself and staying comfortable

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Photo Love (Inspiration}: Being true to yourself and staying comfortable

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Photo Love (Inspiration}: Being true to yourself and staying comfortable

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.  
~e.e. cumming


Photo from here


There is such power in this quiet photo - it is the power of self-assurance and one being completely comfortable in her own skin.  Katharine wore pants like no one could in an age of stockings, girdles, and petticoats.  Once the RKO studio took away her pants to force her to wear a skirt, she walked around the movie lot in her underwear until her pants were returned.  Whew, don't play games with this lady!

Sometimes without realizing it, we may be quietly directed towards dressing a certain way, working in a certain job, and living a certain lifestyle.  But is it a lifestyle that makes you happy?  I actually attended a personal coaching workshop this past week and one of my main takeaways is that I am going to make a career switch.  It's scary to segue into somewhat unknown territory but I realized that I wouldn't be completely comfortable in a function in my old role.   It is transforming to a manner of living from which I was just fine  and earning a paycheck to one which I can speak with passion about my job.  It might take some time, but I'll get there.

Here's to living life on your own terms while being completely fashionable and comfortable.

Have a lovely week!

Labels:

19 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home