This Page

has been moved to a new address

Summer corn and yellow pepper {recipe} and CSN winner!

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Summer corn and yellow pepper {recipe} and CSN winner!

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer corn and yellow pepper {recipe} and CSN winner!

I love corn all year round, but corn in the summer is something else special.  I love the sweetness and lightness of fresh corn and the aroma of it roasting (with a lovely spicy butter that I randomly make).  Luckily for me, summer is all year round here so I can have fun with fresh corn recipes.

Tip: Use a bundt cake pan as a pedestal when cutting fresh corn from the cob.  The kernels fall neatly in (I haven't tried this but it would sure be better than all the corn that flies around when I cut it).

I bought some fresh corn and was inspired by Sara's pan-fried corn.
Pan-fried corn is so fun and and a little scary too.   It pops a little bit in the hot pan and there were a few random kernels strewn about my kitchen.  A lower heat would probably be fine and less hazardous to your stove top and unprotected eyes (kidding, kinda).

I combined pan fried corn with one sweet yellow pepper and the results were delicious.  It's the color and taste of a beautiful summer day.  It's also super easy which is always nice.


Summer corn and pepper
Ingredients:
- kernels from 2 freshly shucked ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil spread (I used the latter)
- 1 yellow pepper, cute into small 1/2" cubes
- salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Melt butter/olive oil spread in a hot skillet.
2. Toss in corn and stir for 5 minutes.  Put yellow pepper in pan and continue to cook until pepper is cooked.  Season with salt and pepper.

Sweet and salty goodness on a plate!

Now onto the winner of the CSN certificate!

Congrats to....



...The Fabulous Adventures of Mrs. Smith!  Her extra Facebook fan entry was the winner!
Congratulations my dear!  Thank you all for entering and don't worry, another opportunity will come again.

  I'm also launching a fun contest for something super cute and fun so look out for it soon!

Please contact me at cncliving{@}gmail.com with your contact details (name and e-mail address where you want the gift certificate e-mailed!)

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home