This Page

has been moved to a new address

Sites for great, earth friendly new/pre owned stuff (incl. wedding gowns!)

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Sites for great, earth friendly new/pre owned stuff (incl. wedding gowns!)

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sites for great, earth friendly new/pre owned stuff (incl. wedding gowns!)

Shopping? Saving? Reducing waste?  Sounds good to me!

In the spirit of Earth Day, I wanted to remind you about some great sites that resell (or sometimes have brand new products) for every day as well as wedding items.


Here are my top picks:
  1. eBay - the mother of auction sites really has it all (got tuxes for my dad and Mr. Gadget both under $70 for great quality tuxes, a like new Thomas Pink dress, silk tulle from a closed bridal boutique, leather conditioner, etc.).  Stalking vintage scarves right now!
  2. Craigslist - tons of listings depending on your location, it may take a while to get what you're looking for but I've heard of amazing stories of people buying whole sets of furniture, etc. here
I know I just posted about amazing Carolina Herrera gowns.  They are exceptional gowns made of great quality, but are also priced accordingly.  If you have your heart set on a certain gown but it's out of your budget, look on the big lists above as well as the specialized wedding sites below and you may just get a good deal (of course you can also resell and recoup some of your costs as well)! You can also spot some unique gowns you never would have found otherwise and that's worth the price!
  1. Etsy - this artisan marketplace is heaven and designers like Amy Jo (Bridechic) even make gowns out of organic, earth friendly materials
  2. Preowned wedding dresses - amazing quality, selection and user interface
  3. Once Wed - dresses and cute craft projects
  4. Recycled Bride - decent selection
  5. Save the dress - sometimes slow interface, smaller selection
  6. Brideshare.net - look locally for dresses and other items to share 
  7. Bride to Bride Boutique - dresses, bm dresses, reception decor - smaller selection
  8. The Knot - look on your local board or The Dress board
  9. Wore it Once - decent number of dresses, somewhat clunky interface
What kind of deals have you gotten from sites like these?

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At April 22, 2010 at 11:23 AM , Blogger anna and the ring said...

    I heart ebay! It makes my life good as you well know! Wink, wink!

     
  • At April 22, 2010 at 11:51 AM , Blogger honey my heart said...

    happy earth day! great & helpful links :)

     
  • At April 22, 2010 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Denisa L said...

    happy earth day!thanks for sharing:)

     
  • At April 22, 2010 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Chocolate Lover said...

    Love craigslist and ebay! Happy earth day!

     
  • At April 22, 2010 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Sniff said...

    What deals have I got? Oh girl, I'm a total Ebay addict so don't get me started...! I've got designer clothes (Moschino, DVF, Ungaro, Dior, Armani, D&G, Naeem Khan and many more), designer shoes (Jimmy Choo, Gina, Prada, Manolo Blahnik ++), designer scarves (Missoni, Chanel, Pucci ++), and tons and tons of purses, jewellery and make-up at reduced prices. I love, love, love it!

     
  • At April 22, 2010 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Kim said...

    I was seconds away from contacting a girl about her unworn Vera Wang gown that she was selling for $2,500 on Craigslist. But that was at the beginning of my search, and I really wanted to go to a shop first. Of course, it was gone when I re-checked. I agree that etsy has some AMAZING eco-friendly finds.

     
  • At April 22, 2010 at 7:36 PM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

    Such great links, thx! Happy Earth Day! :)

     
  • At April 22, 2010 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Sniff said...

    PS. I meant to thank you for the tips about places to go in NY. As it happened, I missed out on a lot of the stuff I had wanted to do because of having to run around buying clothes to wear while my luggage was missing. But I'll make a not of them and see if I can make it on my next trip.

     
  • At April 23, 2010 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    This is a great post. I like it when brides get to save money and feel good about indirectly easing the burden on the planet a little bit. Oh and I found an awesome wedding dress on ebay for £35 once!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home