This Page

has been moved to a new address

Fashion Highlight: Hayden Harnett NYC style purses and cuffs

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Fashion Highlight: Hayden Harnett NYC style purses and cuffs

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Fashion Highlight: Hayden Harnett NYC style purses and cuffs

How cool is it to run a successful fashion business with your partner?  Well maybe you should ask Toni Hacker and Ben Harnett - the duo behind Hayden Harnett, a handbag and accessories company based in Brooklyn.  Toni is the designer-in-chief (with a fab design team) and Ben the business guru.

I've met Toni, Ben, and a few designers at their LES store and at the two sample sales I've been fortunate to attend (psst they have a sale now and you can get 50% off if you get 4 items!)  They started with handbags and leather accessories and have added on scarves as well.  They used to design clothing and I have a few of their beautiful sand washed silk pieces - with leather trim - so chic!  Make clothing again some day please!

The style of the purses and accessories are quite New York to me because they are chic and slightly funky, but totally wearable and fun.  Think of this as perfect for the girl lounging in the Lower East Side or brunching in Brooklyn Heights.

Bags
I can't mention their handbags without mentioning their best selling handbag, the Havana (I gifted this to my future sister-in-law and she loves it!)  It's a great size and squishy enough to hold everything.  It isn't cheap at $525, but they now have the Havana2 version for $398.  It is a pretty versatile though and some colors will go on sale occasionally so look out for them!  Isn't the atlantic patent color lovely?

The Biblio bag is a new favorite.  I'm a sucker for a satchel and love the braided leather hangtag.  At $650 it's nothing to sneeze at but such a great investment.

The Ibiza bag is another classic bag in their collection.  My bestie gifted me this bag when I went to grad school and I loved to convert it from an everyday purse to hold my notebooks to a travel tote (ahh gotta love the roominess!)

Cuffs
Hayden Harnett have created several seasons of edgy and modern cuffs.  They usually entail their trademark luxe leather and awesome studs.  The Hadley cuff in Turks is a prime example of this and I just love the color.

Scarves
This is a newer addition to the Hayden Harnett family.  The brand now makes bespoke scarves (regular ones are a reasonable $65 too!)  I actually thought of this for mother's day before my husband already picked out a gift for my mom.  You can create your own design and have it imprinted on the scarf.  How lovely would it be to wear a painting made by a loved one or imprint an image from a special trip?

Labels: , , ,

23 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home