This Page

has been moved to a new address

Pay it Forward this year

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Pay it Forward this year

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pay it Forward this year

Sometimes small, meaningful actions can have unexpected and far reaching consequences.

I was inspired by Brunch at Saks to Pay it Forward - perform a kind gesture for someone and hope that person in turn does something nice as well making for a very lovely domino effect.  If Haley Joel Osment can do it, I can do it too (without the sappy movie fanfare of course).

Here is my list of what I'll do to Pay it Forward:
- open/hold a door for someone unexpectedly
- volunteer at a soup kitchen or deliver food to needy families
- call a friend or family member that I haven't spoken to in a while
- breathe and calm down when I'm frustrated and try to think and speak positively
- get to know the security guard, condo technician, and other on-site staff
- say "Thank you" loudly when someone opens the door for me
- mentor a youth in some way
- say at least one nice thing in every conversation with my parents or brother
- team up with friends and/or family to encourage each other to live healthier lifestyles

How will you Pay it Forward?

Labels: ,

31 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home