This Page

has been moved to a new address

2010 and my favorite fashion trends

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: 2010 and my favorite fashion trends

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 and my favorite fashion trends

I don't have to have the season's latest trends.  But if a piece speaks to me and seamlessly works its way into my wardrobe - how can I deny it?

Here are my picks for pieces that represented some of this year's hottest trends:
1. Lace
My love for lace is well documented (why else would one sew an alencon lace veil or buy a 2nd Monique Lhuillier lace wedding gown 3 weeks before her wedding)

Victorian is victorious in this whimsical Oasis lace dress, £60


Wearable lace shift via Joie, $318

2. Leopard print apparel
I always thought I was too conservative for leopard print.  But I find that a touch of leopard can bring just the right raw edginess to an outfit.
Spun by Subtle Leopard zebra scarf, $50

...and shoes
Leopard print with a touch of black makes these Attilio Giusti Leombroni leopard print flats super versatile, $355


3. Minimalist essentials
One day, I will own Celine clothing.  Until that day, I can still evoke the spirit of Phoebe Philo's modern and minimalist pieces.

This Vince coat ($375) has such clean, modern lines.

This Karen Millen trench dress for £116 is super sleek and versatile.

4. Retro dressing
Timeless, womanly apparel is something that I can definitely adopt - flattering fits and full skirts evoke instant ladylike glamour.

This Pink Tartan piece at $395 is my ideal dress - fitted with an a-line silhouette and a great print.  It's going on the wishlist!

This Mango buckle waist full skirt£39.50, looks comfortable and refined (pockets are a plus too!)

What were your favorite trendy pieces of 2010?

Labels: , , , , ,

24 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home