This Page

has been moved to a new address

Designer Thursday - Monique Lhuillier bridesmaid line(and my reception wedding gown!)

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Designer Thursday - Monique Lhuillier bridesmaid line(and my reception wedding gown!)

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Designer Thursday - Monique Lhuillier bridesmaid line(and my reception wedding gown!)

How can I write about fashion and not write about one of my fave wedding and overall high-end fashion designers: Monique Lhuiller.


Isn't she lovely? She is a Filipina fashion designer based in the United States and she is of mixed French and Spanish-Cebuano descent (from her Wikipedia entry).
Lhuillier and her husband Tom Bugbee, founded their company in 1996 and launched their first bridal collection (as a 25 year-old!) shortly after she designed the apparel for her wedding entourage (which was also a high society wedding). Her bridal and ready to wear collections have already been a hit and now she has launched bridesmaid dresses!

Here are some favorites:
The one-shoulder classic look is awesome  while the pleating is great on the second dress.
I loved the last design and it is close to an Amsale I originally wanted for my girls.

How lucky for girls that can wear these styles now! Actually I will probably look for one to wear to a formal event - I love the practicality and rewearability of these gowns.
Now for my reception gown (ceremony gown here). I bought the Monique Lhuillier Parisian 2.5 weeks before the wedding and wore it for the reception.  I was obsessed with alencon lace (my journey here) and was crestfallen I couldn't find an alencon lace dress that was actually affordable,

Then I saw the dress (it was actually the second one within my size posted on eBay in a few weeks),  I bought it, truly loved it, and will be wearing it to our small Asian reception at the end of the year.
Here I am! My brother thinks this is one of the best pictures. I agree. Embrace the cheese and make faces (though I've decided to crop out mine).

P.S. I got it on eBay for almost 90% off retail price (remember the start price is pretty high tough).

Chic 'n Cheap ladies.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home