This Page

has been moved to a new address

My Wishpot Wedding/Fashion Guest post and Wedding blog funniness

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: My Wishpot Wedding/Fashion Guest post and Wedding blog funniness

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Wishpot Wedding/Fashion Guest post and Wedding blog funniness

I have a guest post on Wishpot's Wedding and Fashion Blogs today (so exciting, my first guest post!)
My post is about using your wedding registry to get cool things you want for the wedding itself - think makeup, birdcage veils, jewelry, ties, etc.!  This was especially relevant for us because we moved to another country and didn't want to bring too much stuff (even if we hadn't I have a TON of house stuff due to my obsession with Amazon's housewares department ). 

As I mentioned here, we really loved having a unique wedding registry that really reflected what was uniquely important to us - donations to the American Cancer Society, a man-purse for Mr. Gadget's Amazon Kindle DX, and luggage for our travels (and boy, are those babies getting mileage!)  So I'm a total advocate of a registry that allows you to select items (even from Etsy!!!) from across the web.

Also for my bride friends still wondering about whether to even have a registry, go for it, and make it fun!  We initially didn't want one either for the reasons mentioned above.  But if your friends and family are generously gifting you something, don't leave too much to their imagination - accept the fact that you will receive gifts and pick them out yourself.

I still use Wishpot to organize my online shopping lists because hey there's always something to shop for dream about and my Bookmarks menu is too full.

Bravo Bride also contacted me recently and said they listed me as one of their favorite wedding blogs.  Aww thanks!  Did they find the picture of me making a cross-eyed look at my husband during our wedding ceremony?  I am unfortunately not brave enough to post that right now.
But I will post an example of how silly faces between cousins never dies.


They seriously post some funny pictures and I love people that can laugh at themselves.

Ladies, this could be you - wedding gown + worm = awesome memories

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home