This Page

has been moved to a new address

Travel Log:Hitting the shopping district of Nanjing West Road/Xi Lu

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Travel Log:Hitting the shopping district of Nanjing West Road/Xi Lu

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Travel Log:Hitting the shopping district of Nanjing West Road/Xi Lu

I love shopping, though I don't necessarily have to buy something every time I'm out on a shopping trip.

Shopping is also the chance for me to see and feel (I'm one of those people that has to touch a piece of clothing or decor in a store), hang out with friends, and soak in the environment and architecture of an area.  I was on Shanghai's Nanjing Road and was definitely there to get a feel for the district, rather than buy anything.
Tip: International brands are usually more expensive in Asia (up to 30-40% more depending on the country) except for Hong Kong.  Save by shopping in the US for most brands (or Europe for European brands!

The area itself was quite serene and intimate at night.  The buildings were relatively low and accented by soft lighting and understated architecture.
Shanghai Nanjing Road sidewalk - by Chic n Cheap Living

Beautiful sign (and shoes of course!)
Shanghai Nanjing Road Christian Loubotin - by Chic n Cheap Living
Some malls will leave a spot empty for KFC franchises.  The fast food chain is that popular and will bring the necessary food traffic (don't mess with the Chinese people's love for chicken!)
Shanghai Nanjing Road Uniqlo - by Chic n Cheap Living
Shanghai nanjing road wujiang road - by Chic n Cheap Living

Labels: , , , ,

25 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home