This Page

has been moved to a new address

Beauty DIY: Chevron Reverse French Manicure

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Beauty DIY: Chevron Reverse French Manicure

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Beauty DIY: Chevron Reverse French Manicure

Confession: I never really loved French manicures.  They are certainly delicate and lovely, but sometimes, the opaque edges just looked like long nails to me.  But I am obsessed with the edgier manicures today that play off the contrast between two colors on one's nail.  I saw a chevron manicure in a magazine and knew I had to try it for myself.  This look can be easily created with materials you have at home, including an unexpected one (I'll share below) to prevent the nail color from ruining your cuticles.  I also love the endless possibilities of colors and shines; while I paired matte and glossy gray nail polishes this time, there is so much that you can do with different colors as well.

Here are my steps for creating a chevron reverse french manicure:

1. Gather all of your materials and colors.

2. Push back your cuticles, buff, and apply a lip balm or vaseline to your cuticles and around the edges of your nails where nail polish may spill.  This will make cleanup much easier!

4. Apply the base coat and then your base color all over the nail.  Let dry.

5. Design the chevron top coat but starting about 1/3 to 1/2 from the bottom of your nail.  Apply broad quick strokes from the center of your nail going down to each bottom corner in a "V" shape.  Fill in this shape even if some nail polish gets onto your cuticle.

6. Apply a top coat and quick dry drops as appropriate.  Peel off any excess polish.

Labels: , , , ,

39 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home