This Page

has been moved to a new address

FFF - Joy and Spending time with loved ones

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: FFF - Joy and Spending time with loved ones

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Friday, December 23, 2011

FFF - Joy and Spending time with loved ones

Happy Fun, Free Friday lovelies!

I imagine many of you may be busy cooling cookies, putting together last minute touches around the house, and awaiting the arrival of family members.  I hope that you can remember that the spirit of the season is to celebrate joy, and not just the joy that comes once a year, but the unrecognized aspects of our lives that subtly, quietly, but undoubtedly bring us joy.  I'm not going to deny that a sparkly sequin clutch or possibly a new pair of leopard print shoes (my first!) are divine, but they pale in comparison to the happiness I feel when I look at my husband's dimpled smile and the lucky realization that we are both in good health and have each other as we go through life's journey.  It isn't always an easy journey, but having loved ones along for the ride definitely helps.  I am definitely looking forward to all the possibilities next year as well.

Otherwise, this weekend...
...I am constantly at the airport dropping off my cousin, and meeting my brother and parents.  I am unbelievably excited to see them for the holidays because it has been a few years since we have seen them this time of year.  My mother never takes vacations so we are so happy that she is traveling to see us.  We are excited to bring them to see the sites and cook as a family (it will be quite a hoot cooking in our tiny apartment!)  I'm thinking of lots of cookies since I did ask my poor mother to bring along my favorite ones from home.

What are you doing this weekend?

Have a fabulous weekend!


Labels:

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home