This Page

has been moved to a new address

Photo Love {Inspiration}: Aging Elegantly and Continually Growing via Meryl Streep and Vogue

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Photo Love {Inspiration}: Aging Elegantly and Continually Growing via Meryl Streep and Vogue

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Photo Love {Inspiration}: Aging Elegantly and Continually Growing via Meryl Streep and Vogue

Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and growth.
Betty Friedan
 
US Vogue January 2012

There was a time when I used to miss my college days and early 20s.  I would reminisce about the carefree days of starting a new job, meeting new people, and dancing till dawn.  I also had a plan in those days of getting married at 24, having my first child at 26 and my second one at 28.  I thought I would be at a high flying role in a very fashionable industry.

Life didn't quite turn out that way, but I came to learn that it was perfectly ok.  I really enjoyed reading about Meryl Streep's story in Vogue for January 2012 and her unexpected life story.  She was a late bloomer by Hollywood standards and acted in her first film at 28.  But she never looked back and kept on excelling in her field to become one of the most celebrated actors of our time.  She has arguably gotten better with age and kept on giving herself new roles and challenges - why would age keep her from learning and growing?  Yes and one can still make her first Vogue cover, even at the age of 62.

I take her story to be a wonderful inspiration.  I did have a great time in my 20s and can not now do some of the things I did back then.  I have also undergone quite a few career and location changes (on my third continent now!) That is just part of the adventure.  I may not have done everything at the time I thought I would, but I know that there is so much more to do.  I will keep on growing and seeking those new opportunities.  I look back on those days with fondness, but will do everything I can to ensure the future is exciting in different ways.

Have a lovely week!

Labels: ,

31 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home