This Page

has been moved to a new address

Decor Thoughts: DIY Chalkboards around the house

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Decor Thoughts: DIY Chalkboards around the house

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Decor Thoughts: DIY Chalkboards around the house

I'm fascinated by the idea of having a wall that's a chalkboard after seeing this photo below.  It would be a great outlet for kids or just for me to write really large messages to my husband. ;)

From here

I really wish we could paint the walls of our apartment, but the owners wouldn't allow us to do that.  But I'm seriously thinking about it for our next place, or at least putting it on a portable surface.

The ever crafty Martha Stewart had a tutorial for making your own chalkboard paint as well as some great uses for a home chalkboard here.  Home stores aren't as plentiful in SE Asia so I'd just buy the chalkboard spray directly, like this Rustoleum one from Amazon (a mere $7.36).

These two options suggested by Martha are kinda cool and totally useful.
Home office

Pantry list


What do you think of Chalkboards as decor?

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home