This Page

has been moved to a new address

Chicken Fajita (recipe) dinner and winner of the Le Creuset giveaway

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Chicken Fajita (recipe) dinner and winner of the Le Creuset giveaway

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chicken Fajita (recipe) dinner and winner of the Le Creuset giveaway

Mexican, Cuban, and Peruvian foods are some of my most missed foods when I'm outside the US.  The quest for a good Mexican restaurant is especially difficult though my friend has said there's a good one in Singapore...*fingers crossed*

Anyway, Mrs. Smith has a great series of recipes every week and I was totally intrigued by her mom's chicken/beef fajitas recipe.   I always knew Italian dressing was a winning marinade, but beer?  I'm totally intrigued and trying this soon (why yes I brought tortillas from London too)!  I copied and pasted it below for your reference.
 Image is from here
FAJITAS!
This recipe makes enough for about 6-8 people, depending on how much you meat you add, how much you eat, and if you have sides.


Ingredients: The Marinade
- 1 bottle Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 12oz beer (A heavier one will add more flavor than a light.)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cilantro


The Goods
- Chicken, cut in strips
- Steak, cut in strips
{For the meat, the marinade can handle 2-3lbs, so you can choose the proportions.}
- 1 Yellow Onion, cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 1 Green Pepper, cut in 1/4 inch strips


The Extras
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Mexican-style shredded cheese
- Salsa
Whatever else you like!!


Directions:
1. Cut the beef or chicken into the size strips you want. Marinate meat in the above mixture for at least 4 hours. 8 hours or overnight is best.
2. Cut the onion and peppers into strips. Remove marinating meat from refrigerator, and add the onions and peppers and mix well. Let marinate at room for 1 hour.
3. Cook the mix together on the grill in a grill basket or wrapped in foil. If grilling's not an option (or it's cold out), you can also cook it inside in a large skillet.
4. When the meat is done, everyone make their own fajitas and enjoy!
*******************************************************
Now onto the Le Creuset winner.  Thank you so much for entering.  I will certainly try to have more cool cookware giveaways in the future!  Remember I also have other giveaways and someone will always win.  Why not you?


It's... Christina from Selfishly Happy!

Please send me an email at cncliving @ gmail.com with your mailing information.

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home