This Page

has been moved to a new address

What I'd wear...to a winter wedding

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: What I'd wear...to a winter wedding

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What I'd wear...to a winter wedding

Turn on the heat and bring the down comforters out because it's COLD (at least it is in London).  I'm a NYC girl and went to school in the frigid Northeast (land of long slushy winters) so I'm no stranger to cold.  Somehow a lifetime living in cold weather still leaves me somewhat unused to cold because I PILE on the sweaters when it's nippy out. 
It's interesting because there were days right out of college when we would go to parties but leave our coats in the car because we didn't want to check our coats and look nice when we walked in.  The things girls do to look cute.

Speaking of having to look cute, I'm invited to a winter wedding in a few months at this place.

Lovely place, but it's too bad it will be too cold to enjoy the grounds.  

Anyhoo, that brings to mind the question - what does one wear to a formal winter event?  I wore this tuxedo dress with a cashmere assymetrical v-neck to a wedding.  Tights were of course required.

 
Cashmere is always a great warm option, and a cashmere cocktail dress like this Autumn cashmere dress- has great sequin details and a great <$200 price!  The sleeveless aspect also invites great layering options.

Sequined jacket  - this ASOS one is cute and only £45.00!

Some cute earrings are a must and these art deco faux onyx ones are cute and under $50!
 
Ooh, and of course pumps with a touch of sequins are nice like these Windsor peep toes for $34.90.
 
Too many sequins?  I do like how the dress had just the touch so the shoes and jacket could be more blingy.


I'm definitely inspired to get sequined pieces for winter events! 

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home