This Page

has been moved to a new address

Window-shopping and street fests are my budget's best friends

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Window-shopping and street fests are my budget's best friends

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Window-shopping and street fests are my budget's best friends

We've been tracking our expenses in Kublax (for London expenses) and Mint (everything else, credit card, etc.) and London has indeed been harder hitting on our collective wallet. We're not eating out as often and I'm incorporating lots of vegetables in our diet, but ouch. NYC definitely has a wider array of low-cost eating options.
We're also spending more because we traded to a bigger flat in our building. We're paying £300 more a month, but now we actually have a big studio! We decided that the extra room would keep us sane. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was tight if we both stood next to each other in the old flat - it was a bizarre long, narrow shape.
So we moved on up to the first floor (that's second floor for the North Americans).
That means I'll be politely declining joining friends who are clubbing at places with £20 cover charges and not eating at Sardo again soon (I'll miss you veal chop, you were delicious).
But I will start researching low-cost things to do in London a lot more closely now and of course window shop. My eyes can own that beautiful Burberry coat even if my wallet can't right now!
I'm heading to Burlington Arcade (longest covered shopping street and arguably most beautiful) today to look at lovely stores like these:
Maybe munch on these...Sunday I'll go to the Regent Street fest (10th anniversary) - should be cute with music and possibly free cupcakes, oohhh!
Have a great weekend!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home