This Page

has been moved to a new address

DIY - Ribbon wands for the exit - DIY the practical way

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: DIY - Ribbon wands for the exit - DIY the practical way

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

DIY - Ribbon wands for the exit - DIY the practical way

Bubbles.

Rice.

Confetti.

Yarn balls.

Sparklers.

What do you want to commemorate your exit from your ceremony?I am doing bubbles and ribbon wands because I already have materials for both projects. I also don't want rice stuck in my hair throughout the reception. Not chic.

Once Wed featured easy DIY ribbon wands. Jess at Project 10k wedding also featured them recently. Love her multiple ribbons.

But I am not handy and don't know what a dowel is. I also don't want to buy random screws.

Mr. Chic 'n Cheap went to Beijing last year and had a great time with the ribbons used for Chinese dances. He gleefully demonstrated with our prototypes.

So here is my super easy DIY for ribbon wands:

1. Gather materials:
  • fabric or ribbon at least 30" long/at least 1" wide (I think 2" looks better)
  • double-sided tape (yes my Hollywood tape is my double-sided tape, too many boxes)
  • chopsticks
  • fabric scissors if you are cutting from fabric
2. Put some double-sided tape about 1" from the tip of the chopstick.

3. Gather your ribbon and fold if more than 1"and tie around the tape. Leave at least 6" if you want to tie a bow.

4. Tie the bow and voila - ribbon wands!
If you make it longer, it definitely makes for a more dramatic effect. - these were a bit less than two feet long  I had about a dozen random old lacquer chopsticks with gold detailing. I was totally thinking of using take out chopsticks though.

It ended up looking like this...

The best part is that you can take the ribbon off and use the chopsticks again!

Love detachable things!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home