This Page

has been moved to a new address

Bridesmaid's dresses - same, same, but different

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Bridesmaid's dresses - same, same, but different

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Bridesmaid's dresses - same, same, but different

"I love it."

"I look great."

"I'm totally going to wear it again."

These are the comments I imagined my bms would say after I gave them their dresses. Like every reasonable bride, I want my girls to like their dresses. So I asked them what they wanted to wear.

"Oh, I'll wear anything!"

Then I asked again and said I was going to have a seamstress make it so they had free rein.

"I don't like my legs and need a full length dress."
"I would look a lot better in a tea-length dress."
"Sleeveless sheaths make my arms look not as toned."

Sigh.

So I let them pick their top 3 dresses from various sources. I headed over with a MOH today to visit the seamstress. I bought some beautiful dark red silk/cotton fabric from India and we collaborated to see which of each girl's top 3 styles would work with the cloth.

The verdict:
MOH 1

MOH 2BM 1

BM2
I really liked picking the fabric and letting the girls choose exactly what they wanted. If I had more time, I would have looked for fabrics with great patterns or tried to copy a BCBG design. Oh well, I hope everyone likes their dresses!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home