This Page

has been moved to a new address

Photo Love {Inspiration}: Music and feelings

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Photo Love {Inspiration}: Music and feelings

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Photo Love {Inspiration}: Music and feelings

Music is what feelings sound like.
Author unknown

I was one of those kids that was forced to take piano lessons every week since I was about 5 or 6.  I remember not quite getting it at first.  I would mechanically play the notes on the page, but the music was just sound that emitted from the piano.  When I became older, I started to develop more of a feeling towards music.  I would connect with the passion, sadness, or fear in the pieces that I would play and understood how those notes would create moods.  While I haven't touched the ivories in a while, I still appreciate music and the memories and feelings associated with certain songs.  
When we listened to "Lucky" by Jason Mraz feat. Colbie Caillat the other day, I was reminded of the first time I heard that song.  It was right before we got married and I insisted that it go on our wedding playlist because it so sweetly captured the light, lucky feeling I had of being in love and getting married.  Music can so beautifully encapsulate the range of emotions that we go through in our lives.  I'm reminded to keep on adding to my playlist and cherish old songs and find new ones that sound out my feelings.

What kind of music captures your feelings now?

Have a lovely week!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home