This Page

has been moved to a new address

My Taiwan wedding - cake and earthquakes!

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: My Taiwan wedding - cake and earthquakes!

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Taiwan wedding - cake and earthquakes!

So I have a ton of recaps due including of course my wedding dinner (it was an intimate dinner of family and some friends and of course an excuse for me to wear my gown again).  Unfortunately I have few pictures for you because my brother has them all on his camera and who knows when I'll get those.  Oh well.

But I do have a picture of our cakes.   My friend has a lovely bakery in Taiwan and I ordered a large chocolate flourless cake and a tiny raspberry cake in case we didn't have enough.  The large cake actually turned out to be chocolate mousse with a thin layer of cake and raspberry (I guess Taiwanese people aren't as familiar with flourless chocolate cake).  It was still delicious of course.  As you can see the top was decorated with macaroons, chocolates, and fruit all cut into hearts (so my cake toppers just sat at the side of course).  Cheesy and awesome.


Apparently I overestimated because we had quite a bit of cake left over which of course made for a nice breakfast the day after :)

Otherwise, the dinner went fine and I got to see some relatives and friends I haven't seen in a while.  That of course was the main point - bringing together loved ones and feeding them a great meal.  There was some drama which I'll get into later.  But we got to show people our NYC pictures and I loved that Mr. Gadget was so great with my family even though he couldn't understand the language.  He's a very good smiler and nodder.

It was nice.

Then it happened.

At the end when most people had left and I was changing into my street clothes, I felt some movement and heard screaming from the waitresses outside.   I went into the other room where we had the dinner to see how everyone else was.  My aunt and Mr. Gadget were totally fine.  The tremors only lasted a few seconds and it was more the shock of the earthquake than the actual earthquake.

I took Mr. Gadget's hand and we walked out.  Everyone was ok. Talk about a wedding ending with a bang!

p.s. Remember to enter to win some lovely earrings here.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home