This Page

has been moved to a new address

What I'd wear...for a retro (1950s) wedding

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: What I'd wear...for a retro (1950s) wedding

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What I'd wear...for a retro (1950s) wedding

Retro?  Vintage?  However, you want to name it I'm TOTALLY down with the styles of yesteryear that are  all the rage now.  I've even started researching vintage stores in my neighborhood (if anyone else has London vintage store suggestions, I'd totally appreciate it!)

Btw, I recall one article in the Knot depicting retro style as more of a 1940s/1950s, drive-in movie, poodle dog skirt kinda vibe.

Taken from here.  I'll admit it, maybe my favorite musical ever (or at least one with the best karaoke songs)

Vintage style was depicted as that of the era that preceded retro - think 1920s flapper chic like this dress that should have been mine.

Sold at Vintageous

So if I was getting married retro style, I'd have to have a kick butt dress with a little edginess.  Gotta love the pink petticoat peeking through.

From the fabulous Whirlingturban boutique at just under $1k

Of course I'd need a cute necklace.  A rosette with pearls - awww, love it!

 
Etsy steal at $19.50

Delicate drop pearl earrings.

From Etsy seller in Manila at $38- woohoo, I'm going there soon!
 
The rose had to come back somewhere and of course I need a cute hairpiece!

Velvet handmade rose goodness for only $12.50 found here
 
A dainty handbag would of course be required.

Another Etsy steal at less than $40.
 
Finally, some comfy Mary Janes with a little edge.

  
Mia Mary Janes - love the peep toe styling and braided details and nicely priced at $66 here

Almost forgot the final touch!  Satin gloves of course for that touch of class...
 
 
Found at reliable Amazon here.

What do you think?  What else would you wear for a retro wedding?

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home