This Page

has been moved to a new address

Photo Love {Inspiration}: Finding meaning in NYC

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Photo Love {Inspiration}: Finding meaning in NYC

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Photo Love {Inspiration}: Finding meaning in NYC

Each man reads his own meaning into New York. 
Meyer Berger
Source: 1, 2, 3

It's interesting being from a place that evokes so many different meanings in other people - for some it evokes a feel of excited, bustling people in a cavernous city of bankers, lawyers, and fashionistas.  For others, it is a place that houses skyscrapers, shows, and lounges to house and amuse residents that never sleep.

When I think of my native home, I also recall lines of towering buildings as a natural part of the vista.   I marvel at the wonderful sample sales and proximity to fashion and am grateful for the easy access to exhibits and museums like the Alexander McQueen "Savage Beauty" one featured above (I definitely hope to go!)  Most importantly, I know it as a place where dreams are born or pursued.  Around every street corner and in every apartment is someone with a dream, a story, and possibly a hunger to be or do more; this certainly contributes to the almost tangible energy I feel here that I don't necessarily feel in all cities.  I know that some of the people I met there (including of course my husband) have added to the significance of NYC for me.

While I'm only in NYC intermittently these days, it will always be my home and where my story began and that means the world to me.

Have a lovely week!

Labels: ,

25 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home