This Page

has been moved to a new address

Photo Love: Purple, red, and nude/cream fashion love at the Oscars 2011

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Photo Love: Purple, red, and nude/cream fashion love at the Oscars 2011

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Photo Love: Purple, red, and nude/cream fashion love at the Oscars 2011

Lights, camera, (fashion) lust!

Hollywood's elite walk the red carpet in anticipation of the Academy Awards/Oscars 2011.  I noticed a general lighter air to the gowns that were worn and picked a few favorites in the following categories:

Packing the perfect colorful punch with purple...
Mila Kunis in Elie Saab - sensual and elegant (a favorite of the night)!

Scarlett Johansson looking the bombshell as always in Dolce & Gabbana

Natalie Portman with a lovely maternal glow in Rodarte

Reeling in red...
Penelope Cruz in L'Wren Scott one month after giving birth (sigh, I want her trainer and her body)

Sandra Bullock in Vera Wang vs. Anne Hathaway in Valentino - I have to go with Sandra's more shapely gown and interesting front silhouette


Jennifer Hudson is ravishing in Versace

Light gown lust with nudes and silvers
Michelle Williams's Chanel gown was a favorite due to its simple and elegant draping

Hailee Steinfeld is age appropriate and adorable in Marchesa (how come a teenager gets to wear Marchesa before I do!)

Celine Dion in Giorgio Armani Prive vs. Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein - similar shapes but the fit is more flattering on Celine's gown
 

Halle Berry in nude Marchesa vs. Hillary Swank in Gucci couture - strapless gowns with embellished skirts but I prefer Hillary's gown because of the gradient color and texture from the feathers

Mandy Moore in Monique Lhuillier is simply elegant (and a rare instance where I like tulle, I suspect it's silk tulle from the easy draping)

Cate Blanchett's Givenchy gown is a worthy mention - I didn't love the yellow trim or shoulders, but the detail is spectacular

What were your favorite gowns of the evening?

Labels: , , ,

45 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home