This Page

has been moved to a new address

Designer Thursday - Claire Pettibone (Bridal Market 2010) - Cherry Blossom 2010

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Designer Thursday - Claire Pettibone (Bridal Market 2010) - Cherry Blossom 2010

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Designer Thursday - Claire Pettibone (Bridal Market 2010) - Cherry Blossom 2010

Sorry for the delay, but I couldn't upload pictures in blogger yesterday and you HAVE to see the pictures!

Ok, you've seen my dream team designers Monique Lhuiller and Pronovias.  In honor of bridal market 2010 - I thought I'd devote Designer Thursday to the new collections of other admired bridal gown designers.
  
I think I first saw Claire Pettibone featured in the Knot magazine last year.  I was browsing through the runway show pictures and was drawn to the whimsical and delicate features on Claire Pettibone's dresses.  She says that she wants her gowns to evoke a vintage, yet modern feel.  I tried some on at Saks and certainly appreciated the details though her dresses probably work best on hourglass figures (many are sheaths and don't have much boning/structure).

I saw the Claire Pettibone's live runway show and was immediately drawn in by the splashes of color (the models all wore pink shoes, cute!) and Asian references.  It was definitely a bold move inspired by a recent trip to Asia.

First up, this slip dress with tulle overlay accessorized with a Korean wedding ornament (sash can be made in ivory too I think).  Detailed gold flowers decorate the bottom of the gown.

 

Then, we have sheer kimono-esque sleeves on this re-imagined fab flapper dress - love the 3D flowers on the bottom and the back of the dress will be the center of attention in any room (certainly my favorite back of the dress look).
 

Of course, nothing accents a waist like a red obi - it reminds me of a doll in the back!
 
Finally, just a fun, sexy slip dress with a flower pin on one shoulder - one shoulder look that is actually a spaghetti strap dress with a great pin!

All pictures taken from brides.com
What do you think?  Do her details work?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home