This Page

has been moved to a new address

Guest Post: The {almost} Priceless List from the Less than Domestic Goddess

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Guest Post: The {almost} Priceless List from the Less than Domestic Goddess

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Guest Post: The {almost} Priceless List from the Less than Domestic Goddess

Carly from the Less than Domestic Goddess is a gorgeous gal inside and out.  She's also funny, frank, and has a great sense of style.  By the way, have you seen her amazing lace wedding dress (there's a picture below!)?  She's here to kick off a new series:
The {almost} Priceless list

We all have our own special mementos that we've cherished through the years.  They could be anything from a first designer handbag to a cherished handmade dress passed down from a family member.
But what makes them special and priceless to us?  Carly will explain her own list below!

If you'd like to contribute your {almost} Priceless list, please e-mail me at cncliving{@}gmail.com 



♥ ♡ 


First of all, thank you to Chic 'n Cheap Living for allowing me to write my first guest post for her lovely blog. I am a long time follower, and couldn't be more thrilled to be here!


Today I am sharing my top ten {almost} priceless list. Writing this list was an interesting task. For me, priceless aspects revolve around health and loved ones. I gave myself one rule: to not include people or pets. It is an unspoken truth for me that loved ones would top the list. With that one rule, I found that it made me dig a little deeper. It is less about the items that we acquire throughout our lives, and more about the meaning behind them.  
Eventually my mind centered on the items listed below. Here they are (in no particular order).


1) Wedding Band. I think this (or engagement ring) is a given for most of us married gals. I got to pick out my band (on the far left in the picture below), and it was love at first sight. I fell for its beauty and originality, and I just love that it is an every day symbol of my love for my husband. I don't always wear my engagement ring, but I wear my wedding band daily.



2) My Childhood Home. My childhood home only exists in my mind, in my heart, and in pictures. My family moved more than ten years ago, and the new owners changed it completely. But, in my dreams, that home still comes back to me. It was my ultimate security blanket, and a source of too many fond memories to count.


{My brother and I in our old family room}


3) Diary. I kept a diary from the age of eight until...ummm...high school. Did I just admit that? It was Hello Kitty, of course. I haven't read it in years, but it is something I hope to always keep tucked away in my nightstand. It is written evidence that those embarrassing moments I wish were just my imagination did, in fact, occur.




4) Candid Pictures of my Grandparents. I can't understand how people could ever throw away photographs. I am obsessed with old pictures. My favorites are the candids. I am always amazed at how young my grandparents looked.



{My maternal grandparents dancing at my parents' wedding}


5) Wedding Gown. My wedding gown meant a lot to me. It was a gift from my parents, and I spent a long time looking for it. I will always remember how I felt and looked in that dress.



6) My Husband's Song. On our wedding day, my husband surprised me by singing a song that he wrote. I had a feeling that he might sing, because he has a great voice. However, he blew me away by working with a songwriter, and actually writing his own song! It trumped everything else that happened that day.



Wedding photos from Toby Morris Photography
 
7) Degrees. I would be nowhere without my education. My college and graduate school experiences were unparalleled. Somewhere in the mix, I learned to articulate the ideas swirling around in my head. I will be paying for my years of "enlightenment" until I am 80, but I tend to think (hope) it was worth it...


{Personal photo of my alma mater}


8) Grandma's Louis Vuitton Luggage Set. This one might seem superficial, but I just think it's cool. My grandma passed away last year. While packing up the contents of her home, I discovered all her Louis Vuitton suitcases and travel sets from the 1950's and 60's. I envision her stylishly traveling with these bags and smile.



9) Letters from my Mom. My mom has been my best friend since I was born. We have written each other countless notes throughout the years. One that holds a lot of significance for me is a letter she wrote to me before I went to college. I'm crying just thinking about it!



10) Camera. My husband and I invested in a really nice camera awhile back. It is one of our most prized possessions, and a source of endless inspiration for both of us.


And there you have it, folks. What is on your {almost} priceless list?


Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home