This Page

has been moved to a new address

Feather flowers and fascinators

Just a moment please...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chic 'n Cheap Living: Feather flowers and fascinators

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Staying chic, living practically - design, inspiration, fashion, deals, and fun!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Feather flowers and fascinators

I loved Marchesa's flowers made from feathers the moment I saw them in this Town and Country article (image won't post, but do look at the article!).

I've also toyed around with the idea of making a fascinator for my wedding. While I'm still suffering from "I want to do everything and I am inspired by everything", I've decided to make fascinators for my bridal party. Always a Bridesmaid had a great post about her experience (and looks so great!)
I also love wedblog's example and will mostly follow that but incorporate silk tulle and feathers.

For my own insanity, I will probably make silk flowers from the same fabric as the bridesmaid's dresses (a silk cotton blend in 3 colors - red, poppy, and pumpkin). I want to incorporate pheasant feathers, either in a trim (below , $14.99/yard with adhesive at the back)or a hat pad ($7.99)

or just a few pheasant feathers ($4.80/5)

Ostrich.com seems to have the best pricing and decent selection. I'll make a few silk flowers and probably stick a few feathers around them. I guess I will experiment with the feather flower thing too. Hmm, my dress is cream though - silver feathers will clash huh? Should I do black or red feathers to match my bridesmaids then?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home